Thursday, February 11, 2016

Fractions, Fractions, Fractions!

You can't think about 4th grade math without thinking about Fractions!  Now that we have reached February it is time to bust out those fraction lessons!  I like to start my fractions unit with a week of two of basic fraction review using models and number lines.  Then work into equivalent fractions.  After Winter Break we will be delving into comparing fractions (oh my!)



I don't know about your students, but mine LOVE I Have Who Has and I love it too!  It's so easy and low prep and you can play the game over and over.  It gets the whole class involved and we like to play a few rounds at a time so that we can time our selves each round to try to beat our group time!  SO motivating for the students!  This is a great way to get all your students engaged at once!




For our fraction unit, I developed two different I Have Who Has games.  The first one uses Fractions on a Number Line (above) and the second one uses Circle Fraction Models (right).  Both of these great, easy, low prep games can be found in my TpT Store!





No comments:

Post a Comment